USB 2.0 Flash Drive Loaded with Ubuntu-20.04.1 (64 bit), configured with a persistent partition to save your files.
With a bootable Ubuntu USB stick, you can
- Install or upgrade Ubuntu
- Test out the Ubuntu desktop experience without touching your PC configuration
- Boot into Ubuntu on a borrowed machine or from an internet cafe
- Use tools installed by default on the USB stick to repair or fix a broken configuration
Most people will want to install a desktop system such as Ubuntu, Kubuntu, or Xubuntu. A desktop system is typically used for personal computing tasks and has a graphical user interface (GUI), while a server system typically has a command-line interface (CLI).
Recommended Minimum System Requirements
The Recommended Minimum System Requirements, here, should allow even someone fairly new to installing Ubuntu or Gnu&Linux to easily install a usable system with enough room to be comfortable. A good “rule of thumb” is that machines that could run XP, Vista, Windows 7 or x86 OS X will almost always be a lot faster with Ubuntu even if they are lower-spec than described below.
Ubuntu Desktop Edition
- 2 GHz dual core processor (64 bit CPU)
- 4 GiB RAM (system memory)
- 25 GB of hard-drive space (or USB stick, memory card or external drive but see LiveCD for an alternative approach)
- VGA capable of 1024×768 screen resolution
- USB port for the installer media
Internet access is helpful
Screen resolution will be set at the highest your graphics card can handle but when you boot-up you should be given a “Low graphics mode” option which allows you to set it to something better for your monitor.
USB 2.0 Drive is compatible with older computers that can benefit from Ubuntu when Windows 10 is too slow to run on older hardware. Ubuntu can speed up your computer compared to a sluggish Windows when hardware is older.
USB Drive you are getting is: PNY 16GB Attaché 3 USB 2.0 Flash Drive, BLACK (P-FD16GX10ATT03-MP)
- The durable, light-weight design of the Attaché 3 USB 2.0 Flash Drive is the essential mobile storage solution
- The sliding collar, and cap-less design protects your important content when not in use
- The key loop allows for the USB flash drive to easily attach to key chains, so important files are never out of reach
- Compatible with most PC and Mac laptop and desktop computers with USB 2.0 ports
- Compatible with USB 3.0 host devices at USB 2.0 speeds